Why Do I Need Owners’ Title Insurance?
Buy Land they’re not making anymore. – Mark Twain
What is Owners’ Title Insurance
- An owner’s policy protects the buyer should a covered title problem arise with the title that could not have been found during the title search
- This policy is purchased for a one-time fee and protects a homeowner’s investment in a property for as long as they or their heirs have an interest in the property
- Possible hidden title problems can include errors or omissions in deeds, misindexed documents and other land record errors, forgery and undisclosed heirs
Why do I Need Owners’ Title Insurance
- Owners’ Title Insurance protects you.
- Your lender will require you to purchase Lender’s Title Insurance policy to protect them
- Even though we do a title search, there are things that no search could reveal, therefore, we strongly suggest purchasing an Owners’ Title Insurance Policy.
- We arrange your purchase of Owners' Title Insurance. Policy costs will be listed on your lender's closing statement.
The Advantages of an Owner’s Title Policy
ALTA American Land Title Association is the trusted professional organization for the land title industry. For more information about title insurance we recommend taking a moment to review ALTA Home Closing 101.org.